About Faith Center
Our mission statement:
Reaching up to God, around our community, out to the nations and into the future with the love of Jesus
Faith Center is organized governmentally by the bylaws of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.
There is an elected Church Council that brings oversight and advise to the Senior Pastors regarding the
management of the assets of the church. Church council members serve terms of 2 years and are eligible for
election to an additional 2-year term.
Faith Center is associated with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, headquartered in Los Angeles,
What we believe. (Click here for our statements of belief and doctrine)
Matt & Heidi Messner serve as the Senior Pastors of Faith Center. Their bio is located on the Executive Staff page.
Mr. and Mrs. T. J. McMurray moved from Des Moines, Iowa in 1949 to start a roofing business and a Foursquare
Church in Eureka. They held a tent revival at the corner of 7th and Broadway. Out of those meetings a core of
church families melded together to become the early Eureka Foursquare Church. It was chartered on Nov, 17,
1959. The church grew in the 1960s and 70s under the leadership of Larry and Beth Briney. During that time the
Bay Street property was purchased. The first dome was built and occupied by the growing congregation in 1971.
The church continued to grow and expand under the leadership of Charlie Crouse and his wife Charlotte, with the
new sanctuary being completed in the year 2000. Between 2001 and 2010, Faith Center continued to expand its
influence under the leadership of Bill and Beth Chaney. It was during that time that the North Coast Bible Institute
was established as well as a satellite campus in Willow Creek.